Herman Story Wines
• June 2021
• Post: Not Yet
“Herman Story sounds more like a children’s book than a winery. I assure you, this is a grown up winery that makes big kid juice. Bold, unabashed and in your face is the wine making style here with no apologies offered. The irony is he focuses much of his attention on Rhöne varietals which are not usually so robust. What’s weird is that this could so easily be a recipe for disaster but in this case, it is their defining principle which is what makes this a great experience. It’s hard to make big wine refined. It is a challenge. Herman Story puffs out the chest proudly and proclaims, “Challenge accepted.”
• Small store front tasting room a few blocks from the square.
• A few picnic tables in front for outdoor tastings.
• They suggest visiting Vivant Fine Cheese to pick up a board before visiting.
• Mostly Rhöne varietals
• 15-20 different wines each year
• Wines released twice per year
• No online store, you must join their club/list to get allocations.
Viognier, Tempranillo, Grenache, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Syrah, Petite Sirah, Pinot Noir, Mouvedre
$52 – $125