• July 2021
• Post: Not Yet
“I always say that wine tasting is like Forrest’s box of chocolates. I never planned to taste at Scratch winery. In fact, I had no idea it existed until minutes before I stumbled through their door. This was beyond a phenomenal recommendation. The tasting room is bright and brilliant meets post modern Moroccan. It’s everything. Then you start with bubbles, can have lunch next door or order caviar service… what else do you need. Oh, by the way, the wine is ridiculous to boot. I rarely buy when I am out on my tasting runs unless it is preplanned. I had to make an exception at Scratch. Yup… it was that good. New Scratch fan was born this day.”
• In Carmel Valley Village, not “By the Sea.”
• Shares a courtyard with a restaurant and another winery.
• Has its own, small courtyard for tastings.
• Tasting room is incredibly brilliant and spacious.
• Tastings start with bubbles!
• They have caviar service in the tasting room!
• You can taste and have lunch at Wine House next door.
Riesling, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Grenache, Cabernet Sauvignon
$19 – $42